14.04.2011Now it’s WOW! instead of HEY!
Now it’s WOW! instead of HEY!
Another rowdy-dowdy trick of Ruslana!
Ruslana’s new signle “WOW!” has aired exclusively on one of the major Ukrainian radio stations - Gala Radio - on April 11th and to be premiered throughout the country by April 15th.
Ruslana: “WOW! is one of the shortest song titles in my music career ever. Now my new “WOW” probably will replace the sacred “HEY!” (smiling). The main thing about it is that the song title itself says a lot already about the emotional energy of the song”.
The new single (I’m So Amazing is the English version) introduces the new Ruslana. In fact, a music video that is scheduled to premiere on April 15th during the TV show Snidanok z 1+1 (1+1 channel) will reveal not one, but two new images of the star: the hip hop street hipster and the glamorous 80s diva – the two engaged in a dance battle that she called it upon herself!
WOW!’s ambitious dance performance featuring “MyWay” dance team will be presented during Ukraine’s largest scale performance as part of Ruslana’s “flashmob” premiere.
Another interesting fact about the song also is that it incorporates a fragment of classical music – “Chernomor’s March” from the opera Ruslan and Liudmila by Mikhail Glinka – one of the most popular and recognizable Slavic tunes in the world.
The ten WOWs of Ruslana’s new single:
- WOW! is one of the shortest song titles ever in Ruslana’s music career.
- The track is mixed by Richie Stites (Michael Jackson, Outkast, Tupac Shakur).
- The song is written by Ruslana with Oleksandr Ksenofontov (leader of TFC and Ruslana’s husband) and Vlad Debriansky (aka Jack Spade, TFC guitarist).
- The single was recorded in Los Angeles by engineer Luke Tozour (Katy Perry, Pink) and produced by Jack Spade.
- The rhythm section of the track features Grammy Awards winner drummer Brian Collier (Santana, Lauryn Hill), drummer Oscar Seaton (George Benson, Lionel Ritchie) and a legendary bassist, the king of funk bass Rustee Allen (member of Sly and The Family Stone).
- The back vocals are performed by the vocalists of Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Chaka Khan and Toni Braxton.
- The rap part of the Ukrainian version of the song was performed by a producer and husband of a popular Ukrainian singer … (Coming soon).
- An ambitious video portraying a battle of dancers… (Coming soon).
- The single will be premiered as part of Ukraine’s largest scale TV dance show and competition, uniquely styled as a battle of more than 1000 dancers…(Coming soon).
- A special Balkan-Carpathian version of the song is being prepared by a cult European producer…(Coming soon).
With all these WOWs the track has all the chances to become a radio hit of the coming summer.
And that is not the end of the story. Ruslana expects to share more WOW! details soon!